Sep 12, 2009

Diaper Cake

One of our friends is going to have a baby this Oct and today was their baby shower. For the past couple of weeks I was searching high and low for ideas on what I can make for them. So what's better than a cake made out of diapers??? My first attempt and I might say I did pretty good.


They are having a boy, but I didn't want to do the traditional blue. So I choose chocolate brown and beige with a hint of yellow and green. Topped it off with ribbons wrapped around some baby powder, baby wash, baby lotion, baby oil and q-tips. I also wrapped receiving blankets on the outside (that's where the green and yellow comes in). Then I made a plaque with the word "Baby" on it with ribbons as ties.


I came across a blog recently "The Idea Room" and this is where I found direction for making bath salt and brown sugar scrub. Check her out she has some amazing idea's.

The diaper cake is for the new baby and mommy deserve a little gift too. They are fun and easy to make.

I had a great day today and is wishing that this little baby bring joy and happiness to their parents.

Check out
A Soft Place to Land
for more DIY's

DIY Day @ ASPTL

Also check out
Hooked on Houses

2 comments:

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Those turned out great! I have been wanting to make a diaper cake! I love your colors!

Life Happens said...

Very cute diaper cake. I've always wanted to make one, but haven't been brave enough to do it.

The Peachy Papaya Family

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin